Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quality time

There are definitely benefits to living at home. One of them is making up for three years of being far away. I love that the kids are getting to know their extended family better. And I love being able to spend more time with them as well. Here are a few photos of quality time the last few weeks.
Took a shopping trip to Walmart.  Kodak moment #1 - Benjamin begged to get out of the cart, so I let him, and told him that if he ran away, he would have to get back in.  Of course he ran away.  Mom was on the phone, but said she would chase him.  He is quick!  He seriously ran half way across the store, in and out of clothing racks before she finally caught up with him.  And stayed on the phone.  We took an ice cream break at McDonald's. 
Benjamin likes ice cream cones.  
 
After experiencing his first brain freeze, Benjamin does not like ice cream anymore.

Arianna had her first taste though!
 
Kodak moment #2 - I was at the checkout with the kids and mom went to the washroom.  Little man was not in the cart.  Should have learned my lesson.  I turned my back for a second and see him bolting away.  He managed to run through the line up of people at the customer service counter, through all the sales associates and into the back with the to-be-returned merchandise.  I found him under a cart holding a pair of women's shoes.  The staff were cracking up.  He's pretty easy to find.  We put him on the boat after he had calmed down a little.  It was not the best day for errands.
And of course he found a Thomas the Train in Superstore.  So Grandma gave him money to buy it himself.  His first purchase.  I think he might have even understood!

Enjoying some time at Henderson Park.  First time in a swing!
She loves being outside! And I love dressing her in pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment