Monday, March 5, 2012

Cute little sleepers

This cute little stinker.  We put him in a toddler bed shortly after Christmas.  For about a month this is what I saw after every time I would put him down to sleep.  The instant I would leave the room he was on my heels saying, "Mommy?"  Really cute.  Really tried my patience.  Nap time is so precious! I posted this on Facebook a while back, and had so many responses by friends with ideas!  People are really passionate about parenting and willing to share what's worked for them, which I really appreciated. He's getting better though.  Now he usually only gets up one time.  We walk him back to his bed, and he usually parties in his bed for at least half an hour.  We did try putting him to bed later, and he ended up not being able to wind down at all.  Right now bed time is 7:30. 
And then there's this little girl.  Is there anything in the world more precious than a baby falling asleep in your arms?  Pictures never quite do this justice.  They can't recreate that warm baby all snuggled against you, and that perfect baby smell.  For all the work sometimes that it takes to get her there, these sleeping moments make it all worthwhile. 
This is not a sleeping picture. I was feeding the baby and looked over and saw him with his mouth wide open licking the window back and forth and I laughed. Really hard.  Ah, my boy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment