Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conference weekend

I'm not as good at taking pictures when I'm home.  Like this weekend.  It was so nice to watch conference from home with my parents. I just didn't get any pics with them to prove it, and if it's not facebooked, or blogged, it didn't happen right?!  We love the amount of time that the kids get to spend getting to know the family.  That's hard to do when we would just come back to visit for a week at a time when we were in Waterloo. And we love the awesome food that Randy makes.  I seriously think he's trying to sabatoge our BodyByVi challenge.  Waffle brownies with ice cream topped with callebeaut.  Who can say no to that?! It was way too yummy. The kids were actually really good as we tried to watch all the sessions.  And we are back in the promised land because they broadcast it on cable:) I'm just really grateful that we have access to watch/read it again.  I was only slightly distracted by these little cuties~!
 This is what helped the little man pay a little better attention this year. That, and treats, and a fort on the couch.
 The monkey head at the conference center.  I seriously teared up when as I watched him being so interested in it.  It did take a little bit of time this week:) And I know it's a little much for  a 2 year old, but we will definitely get use out of it in the years to come.  I loved having a visual reminder of who had spoken, and this was the first year that I even paid attention to who was conducting or playing the organ. 
 We went for an impromptu visit to the Harris home.  Always nice to visit.  Arianna was so cute at the piano.  She was extremely hesitant to push any of the keys down. Until she started banging with her whole hand.  She likes making noise, and sitting with Grandmum. Benjamin had a blast playing with his little Auntie Chelsie.  He sure loves that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment