Monday, March 28, 2011

Cold Day at the Market!

Grandpa is visiting with us until the end of April.  He's getting over his pnemonia (fingers crossed) so I decided it was time to start showing him the sights around the area.  I heard an ad on the radio for a booth at the St. Jacob's Farmer's market and thought that might be fun.  They have outdoor booths now -I've only gone in the summer time when it has been nice, and thought that the cold weather might discourage people from coming.  So wrong!  The inside market was as busy as  ever!  I don't think Grandpa grooves on crowds. 
 Cheesey smile!
 Talking on the cell phone to Estere
 Buying beets.  He cooked them up and vinegared them for dinner - I love it.  Reminds of dinner with Grandma.  There is a limit to Joel's adventureness with food though.  He didn't sound to excited about the breaded parsnips Grandpa is planning for dinner today;)
I'm not sure that I'll convince him to come again.  When asked what he thought of it he said, "it was as busy as a beehive and gave me a new outlook on life."  Maybe that's a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment