It's true! We do!
My mom is amazing. We've been through a lot. It sounds trite, but she's always been there for me. We are more alike than I used to think, but despite our different personalities, we've always been best friends. I value her advice and love that we can talk and text whenever I want, especially living across the country. If I had my way this first grandbaby would live a lot closer to his grandma. I'll be forever grateful that when I told her I was going into labour, she planned for a sub and hopped the next plane to Waterloo. Sometimes you just need your mom. Joel got me through the labour part and mom was a lifesaver when he had to go to school. She's just like that. Not only does she mother her children well, but she takes care of students, nieces, nephews and friends. She's sacrificed so much. I would not be who I am today without the influence of my mom. She may not have taught me how to sew, or scrapbook, or craftie skills, but she gave me confidence and leadership skills. She was the brownie leader when I wanted to be a brownie, she was the Student Council advisor and encouraged me to be president, she did musical theater to provide me with opportunities that wouldn't have existed otherwise. She truly is an example to me and I'm soo grateful to have her as my mom!
My mother-in-law is one of the easiest people to be around that you will ever meet. When Joel and I were first dating I was worried what his family would think of me. I needn't have worried. I've always felt accepted and loved. But I think that we truly bonded with the birth of this little baby. This wonderful lady gave up a week of her time to come and stay with us after my mom left to go home after helping out when Benjamin was born. Help with breastfeeding really goes a long way to bond women! She helped with every feeding, brought me snacks in the middle of the night when I was starving, took us to appointments, and was Benji's first babysitter. She's awesome. I'm so grateful for her help in that time of need! She is an amazing mother of 8 children and now 3 married ins and four grandbabies. I'll be forever grateful for the mother that she was, and is, for Joel. I think she done good with him;) Thanks for everything!

And it was my first mother's day. Yay! I did score one more breakfast - crepes were awesome and Joel wrote a sweet letter that made me cry and had a puzzle in it for a clue for my present. Did I mention I love surprises? And he changed Benji's diaper at church and did aaaalllll the dishes today. And there were a lot, because he also made homemade lasagna for supper. I feel so loved.
Followed by angel food cake topped with berries and whipped cream. Super scrumptious!
And my mom super spoiled me by sending flowers for me for my first mother's day. So sweet! Who sends gifts to their daughters on mothers day? oh, yeah, my mom does:)
Hi Joel and Janelle! I found your blog and just thought that I would announce myself. Happy Mother's Day Janelle.
ReplyDelete