Saturday, May 22, 2010

This is what you get for $45

Every Saturday morning we can be found perusing the streets for fluorescent posterboard on the side of the road, indicating where the sales of the week are.  This week took us to Bush Clover Crescent.  Blessed place of good deals.  And with Benjamin waking up at 6:00 am, it's not hard to be at the sales for 8.  I never knew how much good stuff there is at that hour!  So here is what $45 and an hour of garage sale shopping gets you.
Possibly our favourite purchase of the day.  100 cookie cutters in every shape you could want.  
Joel "We are missing one" 
Me "Which one hun?" 
Joel "I can't finish Benjamin's name"
hmmm...
 
Random kiddie craft supplies in a bag $2.
   
This will be for outside so I don't have to cart the toys and blanket out every time I decide that I will work in the garden and for $10 you can't go wrong!
 
Joel was super excited about the water cooler that we'll use when we go camping - at least once this summer
All this Duplo for $1! 
 

And a travelling baby seat, army hat, crocs and teething toy...
 
And doesn't every baby need a wet suit?  It might be a little big yet. Perfect for when we go to the lake right? But I think he likes it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really scored some deals! I love going to garage sales too! I got those cookie cutters for my wedding, love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing is cuter than a baby in a wetsuit! omigosh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy! That's awesome! We sure didn't score as many good deals as you did....wish we could go garage sailing together. We got a sweet swimsuit with a matching hat for Emma at one last week, with the same thought that hopefully it will fit her at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great!! We love garage sale-ing! AND, in Ontario you can get great wooden furniture much better than in Alberta!

    ReplyDelete