Monday, January 16, 2012

So proud of these!!

Last year I was checking the Christmas clearance at Walmart and saw some cute, cheap stockings.  Joel just stared at me as I put them in the cart.  "What?" I asked.  "Well, I just thought we could maybe make some stockings like my mom did for us".  This man doesn't usually have a preference when it comes to things like that, so I thought I'd better make some.  These took a good chunk of time before Christmas but I LOVE the way they turned out.  I've never done applique before and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. 
 The letters are cricut cut out of fabric that had been heat'n'bonded.  Perfect!

 No question what this little boys' stocking was going to be!

1 comment:

  1. And proud you should be! Wow, those are so darling and amazing and I wish you had made me some too! ha. They are great, and your family will enjoy them for years to come. You're so crafty! I've always thought of attempting stockings. . . then the thought drifts right on by!

    ReplyDelete