Did you know that there is an international mud day? It's true -June 30. But we decided to celebrate this week. I found a fun recipe for sparkle soap mud. It was a few days in the making. It consisted of grating two bars of soap. Benjamin helped...a little.
Next we added sparkles and water.
Voila! Sparkle soap mud.
He had more fun transferring it to the water table than playing with it with his hands. The high point of the experience was getting him all set up with it and then nursing Arianna, then having Benjamin decide he was done and run for the front yard because in between juggling a toddler, a camera, a phone, a baby bathtub full of sparkles and soap flakes, and a baby in a sling I had forgotten to close the gate. So Arianna and I ran for the boy and drug him into the backyard..and she stayed latched on the whole time!
Probably not a project I would recommend...maybe just not mixing it on the water table. Now it looks like some one vandalized the backyard with wads of toilet paper. Clean up took more time than the project (thanks honey!). Next year we will stick to playing with boring old mud on mud day.
Looks like so much fun!! What a great mom you are!:)
ReplyDeleteWait, you are moving down to Utah? When and where? We so need to get together.
ReplyDelete