We spent last week in Las Vegas with Mom, Randy, Taylor and Tanner. I'd never been anywhere so hot in my entire life!! Being pregnant didn't help matters any. But it was a lovely escape.
On July 4th we took a driving tour of Red Rock Canyon and it was a lovely contrast to the busy-ness of Vegas. I was so grateful for AC in our resort, the van, and all the buildings we went into. We spent the mornings lounging by the pool at the resort and making sure that we were lathered in sunscreen. Then we went out during the afternoons and evenings. The strip was amazing, and a little risque by night. One of the highlights of the trip was seeing the show 'La Reve'. It was produced by a Cirque de Soleil producer and the entire show was done on a stage of water in a completely round theatre with seating all around. We had 2nd row seats in the splash zone where the performers would dive from 5 stories up, perform synchronized swimming, dancing and balancing acts. It was amazing! Way too many pics to upload, but I think we had the most fun takings photos at the Mandalay Bay shark aquarium. The sharks were in tanks that would go right over your head! The food was great, but I think I'm okay not to eat at another buffet for a long time. Definately had theVegas experience and it was a great way to spend time with the fam and kick off the summer!
Hey Janelle!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it was fun trip! Feel free to check out our blog at andybarnes.blogspot.com Which reminds me to update it ;) I'm not sure I'd be brave enough around those sharks - tanks and all.
It was definately a trip to remember! Great memories of the pool, the hotels, the shows, the malls, the buffets and most of all the smiles!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a good time. Check out our blog at bmitchellfamily.blogspot.com You look so cute pregnant!
ReplyDelete